- Chop the garlic finely and add to the olive oil.
- Chop the red and green chillies, with seeds, and add to the olive oil.
- Slice limes into quarters and squeeze one-and-a-half limes into the oil. Add the squeezed slices.
- Clean the calamari and cut into rings about 8–10mm thick and add to the oil. Toss the ingredients and leave to infuse in the fridge overnight. (If you’re in a rush, 20 minutes will do.)
- Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before cooking to allow the calamari to warm slightly. Heat your frying pan to hot with a little oil and cook the calamari for 20 seconds on both sides.
- Serve with leaves tossed in vinaigrette dressing, basil leaves and two slices of lime on the side.
Naked Wine recommendation: