- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
- 2. Butter 4 x 10 inch squares of foil. Place a piece of cod in each one, season lightly and seal each piece of foil into a parcel around the fish.
- 3. Place the parcels on a baking tray and put them into the oven for 15 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile melt the butter in a deep sided frying pan.
- 5. Once the butter has melted it will begin to foam. At first this foam will be noisy then quiet and froth. Once the butter quietens down it will start to brown so watch carefully, stirring from time to time.
- 6. When the butter solids and the bottom of the pan becomes conker brown, turn off the heat and carefully pour in the Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar. The sauce will foam up then settle down. Add the capers.
- 7. Take the fish from the oven and open the parcels. Spoon a little butter into each one and serve at once with crushed new potatoes.
Recipe courtesy of Aspall.
Naked Wine recommendation:
Sauvignon Blanc (NZ)