For the mashed potatoes
- Place the peeled and cut potatoes into a medium saucepan. Add cold water to the pan until the potatoes are covered by at least an inch. Add a pinch of salt to the water.
- Turn the heat up high and bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low to maintain a simmer and cover. Cook for 15–20 minutes until they slide off when you prod them with a fork.
- Melt the butter gently – don’t let it bubble.
- When the potatoes are done, drain the water and place the steaming hot potatoes into a large bowl. Then add the melted butter
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Add milk, the pepper, and beat until the mashed potatoes are smooth.
For the parsley sauce
- Put the milk, parsley stalks, bay leaf, and onion into a pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Once simmering, pour your mix into a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Strain the milk into a pan and throw away the stalks, bay leaf, and onion.
- Add flour and butter while stirring. Bring everything to a simmer again while whisking and you should see the sauce thicken. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and let the sauce cook through. Remember to keep stirring or it will become too thick and gloopy! Add chopped parsley, the cream and lemon juice. Season with the salt and black pepper, then leave to one side.
For the fish
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Grill the cod loin and smoked haddock until cooked through.
- Fry the prawns in a little oil until cooked through.
- Mix together and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour over the parsley sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Top with the mashed potatoes. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool for a couple of minutes, then serve.
Naked Wine recommendation:
A crisp white or chardonnay