- Peel the potatoes, cut into quarters, then tip into a large pan of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, sit the salmon on a square of foil, season lightly, then wrap to enclose.
- Sit the salmon in a colander, position over the pan of simmering potatoes and cook for 8 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the fish is cooked through. Take the salmon from the foil, discarding any liquid then lightly flake the fish with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes very well, then mash. Stir in the salmon flakes and 3 tablespoons of the pesto.
- Using floured hands, shape into 4 even sized cakes then dip in the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook the fishcakes for 3-4 minutes on each side, taking care when turning, until crunchy and golden. Stir the remaining pesto into the mayonnaise and serve with the fishcakes, salad and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Recipe courtesy of Albert Bartlett.
Naked Wine recommendation:
A crisp white or chardonnay